Our Lake is a special and beautiful place; please help us keep it that way…
Our lake is a valuable asset, a wildlife haven and the perfect place to unwind and discover the wonders of Mother Nature.
There is nothing more relaxing than sitting by the water and watching the amazing acrobatics of the swallows and house martins, as they swoop for flies and a drink. If you are lucky, you may even see our resident kingfishers, usually as a blue flash. As dusk falls, and it gets “dimpsey” (a Somerset expression for half-light), you can also spot bats flying in and out of the trees.
As a designated wildlife quiet area, we work hard to protect the flora and fauna and ask our guests to help us with this important work by following a few simple rules…
- You are welcome to walk by the lake but do not pass into areas marked PRIVATE
- Children under 18 must be supervised at all times
- A lifebelt is provided – please alert us if there are any problems
- Please do not leave litter or any foreign material in or around the lake
- You are welcome to exercise your dog, but please keep them on a lead to avoid disrupting waterfowl and other guests
- Please clean up after your dog for the comfort of all
- Feeding the fish is fun but please check with us that the food is suitable
- Please keep noise to a minimum
- No ball games in the lake area
- NO SWIMMING