We want you to enjoy and get the most from your hot tub during your stay.
Once you have read the following information please print off and sign the Hot Tub Agreement and bring with you when you come to Mill Meadow.
For the comfort of our guests and neighbours, hot tubs are not to be used after 11pm.
To comply with best practice our staff will check the hot tub twice a day (morning and evening). Please vacate the hot tub if requested to allow our staff to test the water and add any necessary chemicals.
It is natural to raise your voices to speak over the jets, but please be aware that sound does travel very easily in the countryside and regulate your volume accordingly.
We have a 10.30pm external noise curfew at Mill Meadow. If you are using the hot tub please keep noise to a minimum.
If, for any reason, the hot tub needs to be shut down, cleaned and refilled an additional charge of at least £90.00 will apply.
We reserve the right to withdraw the hot tub without refund in the event of misuse.
- Our hot tubs are set at 37oC and we recommend that this temperature should not be exceeded.
- Please bring your own towels with you for use with the hot tub.
- Lodge towels must not be used; an additional cleaning charge may be applied if they are.
- Operating instructions will be given on arrival. Make sure that the hot tub is never fully switched off, as this will cause loss of heat and affect sanitation.
- Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub as the decking areas can become slippery when wet.
- When not in use make sure the cover is on, secure and locked.
Your Health & Wellbeing:
- At 37oC you are advised to limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 15 minutes in each use. Exceeding this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever-like conditions.
- Please shower with soap and water before using the hot tub, as this washes away many of the common skin bacteria and chemicals that will reduce the effectiveness and cleanliness of the hot tub.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub due to the risk of spreading infection.
- Pregnant women and persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should consult their doctor before using the hot tub.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by a suitable adult at all times.
- Hot tubs are not recommended for use by children under the age of four.
- Never use the hot tub alone
- Excessive exposure to the hot tub can increase the risk of allergic reactions and skin complaints. If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. Contact Reception and stop anyone from using the hot tub until it has been checked.
- Do not use the hot tub if you notice any deterioration or discolouration of the water. Contact Reception immediately for a sanitation check.
- Do not consume alcohol before or during hot tub use. The heat of the water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Do not use the hot tub while using narcotics or other medication that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise/lower blood pressure.
- Do not use the hot tub after a heavy meal or exercise as the water temperature can affect your heart rate.
- Do not drink or immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
- Do not bring glass near the hot tub as broken glass is a serious hazard. Plastic alternatives are in each lodge.
- Do not exceed the maximum occupancy of your hot tub.
- Do not sit on the plastic lid, which covers the filter, or the hot tub cover.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near/in the hot tub.
- Do not use the hot tub if you have added water yourself, as the chemical balance will need to be reset.
Please ensure all guests in the Lodge are aware of the above guidelines and safety information that we have provided.
You will find a copy in your lodge and we will retain your signed agreement for our records.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We hope you enjoy using the hot tub!