Get the kids outdoors this half term
Half term activities do not have to cost the earth, remember your own childhood and the simple pleasures?
Here are some great ideas that will not cost the earth.
- Leaf and nut collecting in Great Wood on the Quantock Hills for collage work or tree identification
- Fossil hunting on Kilve Beach
- Learn how to fish at Mill Meadow with Martyn
- Wildlife spotting whilst cycling or walking the Taunton & Bridgwater Canal
- Mountain biking or hiking across the Quantock’s and through quiet villages
- Visit the Quantock Alpaca’s and make new friends
- Take the West Somerset Steam Railway to Blue Anchor Bay and Minehead beaches then stop at Watchet harbour on the return.
- All the fun of Taunton Carnival, part of Somerset’s renowned carnival season
- High ropes in Taunton’s Vivary Park
Then at the end of a fun filled day relax in the comfort of your cozy Mill Meadow lodge and private hot tub.